Zeiss Makro-Planar T* (Canon EF Mount) 100mm T2
The Zeiss Makro-Planar T* (Canon EF Mount) 100mm T2 is the fastest macro lens currently on the market and bridges the divide of distance to create breathtaking closeness. The lens creates interrelationships where distance used to be, and enables the photographer to design unique compositions. This high-speed macro lens is perfectly suited to long working distances, e.g. portraits. Its precise mechanical components with a long angle of focus rotation allow for accurate control, critical for close-focus macro photography.
The Zeiss Makro-Planar T* (Canon EF Mount) 100mm T2 for Canon EF Mount EOS DSLR cameras has superior quality optics, combining sharp macro performance and a very fast maximum aperture. A ‘floating element’ optical system enables the Makro-Planar T* to deliver superior quality images even at f/2, from infinity to the close-focus (1.4′, 0.44 m) distance. Users can employ selective focusing on important details with the clarity required for close-up photography, effectively isolating the subject from distracting surroundings. Applications for this lens making this lens is ideal for use in a wide variety of shooting scenarios including, but not limited to, industrial, scientific, nature, and product photography applications. Its superior and unique image quality also makes it a great choice for portraits.
- This Zeiss Makro-Planar T* (Canon EF Mount) 100mm T2 lens employs an optical design originally developed for the ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime T* 100mm, an ultra-high performance lens for big budget feature films. It allows photographers to use selective focus on important details with unprecedented clarity, effectively isolating the subject from distracting surroundings. This is a common technique used by Directors of Photography in the film industry to direct the viewer’s attention and create a ‘film look’.
- Extremely fast macro featuring a completely new optical design
- The floating elements design ensures a high quality image throughout the entire focusing range.
- Precision mechanics and a very large angle of rotation enable the photographer to very precisely focus on the details in the image.
- Far superior in optical performance, even wide open, from infinity to the close-focus limit at half life size
- Optical system of fantastic performance and long-life, metal precision mechanics
Features Image Stabilization No Autofocus No Tripod Collar No Physical Filter Thread 67 mm Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 2.99 x 4.45″ (7.59 x 11.30 cm) Weight 1.50 lb (680 g)